UtahTaxHelp or Earn It. Keep It. Save It. is Utah's statewide campaign to strengthen family financial stability through utilization of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), free tax preparation, and asset formation programs. Specifically we help families:
- Earn It. – by providing outreach and knowledge regarding the Earned Income Tax Credit and ensure that families who are eligible to receive this life changing credit, do in fact receive it on their income tax return.
- Keep It. – by providing free income tax preparation services for families through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and FREE online filing.
- Save It. – by linking families to partner organizations in their community that can help families pay down debt, save for the future, purchase a home, and/or start a business. Ultimately helping families create building blocks for their families so that they may shift from living paycheck to paycheck to financial stability.
Community Action Partnership of Utah (CAP Utah) leads this coalition. The mission of Community Action Partnership of Utah is to lead, strengthen, and support the Community Action network in order to build thriving communities and end poverty.
What Others Say
The impact of this program is clear from what our clients and partners say:
"I have been coming to SUU for my taxes for the past several years. Every time I come I love the friendly atmosphere and professionalism. Everything is done correctly, but also in a timely manner. I always suggest the VITA services to my friends and look forward to coming again next year."
– Rose, Iron County Client
"VITA has been a very positive experience for those customers we serve. It's nice to be able to talk to them during their DWS appointments and let them know that this service is available to them, free of charge, and that it's housed right here in our office... all they have to do is call 211! The VITA staff that has been housed here have been very friendly and easy to work with. It's a great service!"
– JaNea, Department of Workforce Services, Cache County Partner
"Zion's Bank really enjoys working with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. It really helps out our community and especially those in need. The money saved from free tax preparation and money received from the Earned Income Tax Credit gives a boost to our economy. It also helps individuals to pay off bills, reduce debt, put money towards a car, or other necessary items for day to day living. Our organization enjoys partnering with this program and giving back to our local community."
– Kyle, Zions Bank, Sevier County Partner
To support our work, please make a secure donation through CAP Utah's website.